Phone: (540) 387-2320
Fax: (540) 389-2350
Chris Dadak is a well–rounded civil litigator. His prior work ranged from handling minor automobile property damage cases and landlord-tenant matters in general district court to assisting on multi-million dollar construction disputes before the Supreme Court of Virginia. He has published several articles, including an update on Virginia civil procedure.
Chris currently focuses on defending localities, authorities, school boards, and other political subdivisions of the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as their employees and officers. These cases include employment issues such as Title VII, ADA, and ADEA claims, as well as constitutional violations, retirement and other benefit issues, and personal injury claims. He litigates and is comfortable in both state and federal court.
Chris also has experience in eminent domain proceedings, including drafting certificates of take, petitions, and other condemnation pleadings.
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
Professional Associations, Memberships and Community Service
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia State Bar, Local Government Section
- Local Government Attorneys of Virginia, Inc. (LGA)
- Blue Ridge Legal Services, Board of Directors
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Products Liability & Toxic Torts, Section Chair 2016-2017
- Products Liability & Toxic Torts, Section Vice-Chair 2015-2016
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Communications Committee, Editor
- Washington and Lee Alumni
- President of the Roanoke Chapter
- University of Richmond Law School Alumni Board
- Ted Dalton Inn of Court, Associate
Awards and Distinctions
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2017
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2016
Articles and Presentations
- Civil Practice and Procedure, 52 U. Rich. L. Rev. __ (forthcoming Nov. 2017)
- Civil Practice and Procedure, 51 U. Rich. L.Rev. 7 (2016).
- The United States at a Crossroads, 10 Krakow’s Int’l Stud. 153 (2013).
- University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D.
- Editor-in-Chief, University of Richmond Law Review
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., Economics